We did a practice run for Santa's milk and cookies, this year we are going with
a pistachio spirulina herbal mylk and gingerbread cookies.
The air was filled with gingery goodness while these cookies were in oven, oh my gooooodness, these pillowy treats are sure to bring the nostalgia of yesteryear around
* 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2/3 cup unsulphured molasses
* 1 large egg, room temperature
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 3.5 cups of all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons ground ginger (want your cookies to have a spicy ginger tang add 1 tbspn)
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. in a large bowl, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar + molasses and beat on medium high speed until combined and creamy looking. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Next, beat in the egg and vanilla on high speed for 2 full minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
2. in a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves until well combined. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick and slightly sticky. Divide dough in half, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and pat down to create a disc shape. Chill both discs for at least 3hrs and up to 72hrs. Chilling is required for the cookie recipe.
3. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 1-2 cookie sheet with parchment paper and cut 2 additional large pieces of parchment paper. Generously flour one of the parchment papers to use as work surface and the rolling pin (you should continually flour the work surface + pin)
Roll out disc until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookies cutters of choice (we varied our shapes using a stocking, gingerbread person, christmas tree, reindeers, angels, bells, etc)
Place cookies 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Re-roll dough scraps, repreat with additional disc until all dough is used.
4. bake cookies for 8 -11 minutes - depending on size of cookie shapes. allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, transfer to cooling rack to cool completely,
once completely cooled, decorate as desired (we spinkled ours with powdered sugar). ENJOY!
* christmas cookie cutters ( https://amzn.to/3843uKQ )