Beta vulgaris rubra
origin : India
Beet Root, or Beta vulgaris rubra, is a vegetable.
However the Beet Root was once considered an herb.
So the beet root we know now is only about 300 years old.
The original whole form for this organic herb started out looking like a carrot.
Of course everyone knows beets are good to eat, they are actually the sweetest of all vegetables.
Can be added to nutritional drinks or added to flavor food.
Two teaspoons of Beet Root Powder has similar nutritional value as a full serving of beets.
MAIN ACTIONS :
- packed with essential nutrients
- great source of fiber (helps lower cholestrol + triglyceride levels)
- purifies blood + improve blood flow
- lower blood pressure
- improves circulation (increased exercise performance)
- strengthen the heart (helps nervousness + congestion of vascular system)
- benefits liver (helps with liver stagnation + ailments)
- moistens intestines (helps constipation)
- promotes menstruation (used with carrots for hormone regulation during menopause)
- sweet + moist
Warnings: Beets sometimes make urine or stools pink or red.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is for educational purposes only.
This information is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition.
In addition, many herbs are not safe in pregnancy, lactation, children, and in certain health conditions.
When using plants medicinally, please check with your licensed healthcare provider. In addition, strongly consider working with a trained herbalist.