origin : United States
Black cohosh root, or cimicfuga racemosa, is actually an "herb" in the true sense: a perennial growing above the ground, the stem of which does not become woody. However, it is not the upper herbaceous part of the plant that is used, but rather the dried black cohosh root.
MAIN ACTIONS :
- arthritic analgesic
- helps lower blood pressure
- aids with menopause symptoms (headaches, hot flashes, mood changes, sleep problems, night sweats, vaginal dryness + heart palpitations)
- aids with osteoporosis
- aids with pre mentrual syndrome
- aids with painful menstruation
- brings on labor while pregnant
- bitter + cold
Warning: Not to be used during pregnancy.
Black Cohosh Root
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition.
In addition, many herbs are not safe in pregnancy, lactation, children, and in certain health conditions.
When using plants medicinally, please check with your licensed healthcare provider. In addition, strongly consider working with a trained herbalist.